Amazon_Gift_Card

Friday, February 8, 2013

Campbell Hausfeld VT6271 26 Gallon ASME Oil-Lubricated 240V Horizontal Air Compressor
Expect up to 5000 hours of extended life from this rugged cast iron twin-cylinder pump. U.S.A. Air Tank Size (gal.): 26, HP: 3.2, Volts: 240, Motor Phase(s): Single, CFM at 90 PSI: 10.3, CFM at 40 PSI: 11.8, Portable or Stationary: Portable, Drive: Belt, Tank Type: Horizontal, Amps: 20, Pump: Cast iron cylinder sleeve, oil-lubricated, Max. PSI: 135, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 46 x 21 x 31, Pump Life (hrs.): 5,000
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.

Not impressed at all
I received this unit last week and am in the process of disassembling it, moving it into the garage attic as my floor space is limited. The ONLY reason I purchased this unit was the compact size and the fact it was $300 less than in Ingersoll Rand 3HP wheelbarrow compressor. I purchased this unit site unseen as it is hard to find this config in the local big box stores.

The compressor is relocated but not running yet but my first impressions are memorable.
1) The pressure switch on this unit is CHEAP, CHEAP plastic. Also, the phillips screw that holds down the cover to the pressure switch was thoroughly gauged by the hacks at CHPower before the unit shipped from their factory. I'll probably end up making a flat head screw out of it by taking the hacksaw to the head after it strips out completely as it seems to be cheap white metal.
2) The main pressure outlet on this unit is 1/4", not 3/8" on this "10+" cfm @90 psi machine ! Without doing the math to see what...

Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.

This has been a difficult experience, but I got through it.
This appears to be a nice compressor for a homeowner. The specifications are superior to anything you can buy from a brick-and-mortar store. Unfortunately, my experience was less than pleasant.
I ordered the compressor on August 10. It was delivered by an 18-wheeler (freight) on August 19 even though I was promised it would be delivered by a delivery truck. I had to meet the 18-wheeler at the local Airport in a borrowed truck to take delivery. That wasn't too hard though, I can get through this.
The shipping container the compressor came in was basically a cardboard box (this thing weighs 200 pounds) which offered no protection whatsoever. The large plastic belt guard was broken. I assume every one of these compressors arrives damaged like this. I called Amazon and they gave me a refund to cover the cost of repairs. Excellent customer service. The belt guard could be ordered on-line and it was held on with only a few screws. That wasn't too hard. I can do...
Packaging still defective
A friend of mine wanted a Campbell Hausfeld compressor as a gift to replace her husbands's very old CH compressor that had served well. I recommended buying through Amazon which she did. We agreed that the packaging problems surely had been corrected since they originated several years ago.

The first compressor arrived damaged, just as other purchasers described years ago. The replacement also arrived with the same damage. I am embarassed at having suggested this product and am angry that a company such as CH is so stupid to have not fixed a simple problem.

Buy another brand of compressor.
Campbell Hausfeld VT6271 26 Gallon ASME Oil-Lubricated 240V Horizontal Air Compressor
Product Features :
  • Heavy duty CAST IRON oil lubricated twin cylinder pump
  • Powers a variety of air tools for the serious do it yourselfer or contractor
  • Product life of up to 5000 hours based on b-10 bearing rating
  • High horsepower motor capable of running on 240 volts
  • Durable and safe ASME code tank for greater air storage, 3 year warranty

Rating : 3.0
List Price : $829.99

Available at Amazon : Check Saved Price Now !

0 comments:

Post a Comment